EtherCAT ® 4 & 8 Axis Stepper Drive Module
- Economical Four-Axis and Eight axes Stepper Drives Module with EtherCAT Network interface
- Up to 40Vdc, 3A per motor
- Optional built-in 40Vdc, 240W AC/DC power supply
- 8-Axis module and 4-Axis module
- Open loop operation
- Programmable current level per axis: 1A, 1.5A, 2A, 3A
- Programmable microstep size per axis: Full, 1/2 , 1/4, 1/8, 1/16
- Two sets of P/D inputs and P/D outputs for Master/Slave operation
- General purpose I/O: 6 inputs 6 outputs
- Compact size
The SDMnt line of multi-axis open loop step motor drives modules are specifically designed to address the needs for economical solutions for machines with many open loop step motors operating as part of an EtherCAT network.
It is fully supported by any of ACS’ EtherCAT master controllers, such as the SPiiPlusNT, SPiiPlusNTM and SPiiPlusSC soft Controller. The SDMnt is available in 4 and 8 axis versions, with or without built-in supply. Each unit includes one bipolar drive with up to 40Vdc, 3A. All other drives are unipolar with up to 40Vdc, 3A. The current level is individually programmable for each drive and can be set to the following levels: 1A, 1.5A, 2A and 3A.
The step resolution is individually programmable for each drive and can be set to the following levels: full step, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 step. The SDMnt includes two sets of Pulse/Dir inputs and two sets of Pulse/Dir outputs for Master-Slave operation. There are 6 general purpose inputs and 6 general purpose outputs.
Modules with 40Vdc, 240W built-in motor supply are fed by 95Vac to 240Vac. The 40Vdc is also available as an output to power additional units. Modules without built-in motor supply are fed by a 12Vdc to 40Vdc input.
Each version is also fed with a 24Vdc control and logic supply that should not be removed during emergency conditions.
ACS Motion Control Ltd.