EtherCAT Seminar and Evaluation Kit Workshop (2 Days)
Spring Date: May 5th and 6th, 2015
Fall Date: Nov 10th and 11th, 2015
Contents of the Workshop (subject to change)
- EtherCAT Basics
- Slave Structure
- Physical Layer
- Device Model
- Data Link Layer
- Frame Structure
- Addressing, Commands
- Memory, SyncManager, FMMUs
- Application Layer
- State Machine
- Mailbox (Mailbox Protocols)
- Slave Information Interface (EEPROM)
- Device Profiles
- Distributed Clocks
- EtherCAT Slave Information File (Device Description)
- Tools (Configuration Tool, Monitor, ...)
- EtherCAT Master
- Standard & References
- Hardware Design
- EtherCAT Slave Controller (ESC)
- Process Data Interface (PDI)
- EtherCAT Master (TwinCAT incl. Real-time driver for EtherCAT)
- EtherCAT Slave (Digital I/O device)
- Configuration and Testing with Slave Evaluation Kit
- EtherCAT Slave Stack Code (SSC)
- Protocol Handling
- Compilation and Debugging
- Network Monitoring
- Communication and Protocol Analysis
- EtherCAT Slave Information (ESI) file
Embassy Suites Milpitas - Silicon Valley
901 East Calaveras Boulevard, Milpitas, California, United States 95035
Embassy Suites Milpitas Website
Organizer: The workshop is offered by Beckhoff Automation, LLC.
Prerequisites: Requires ETG membership and the Beckhoff EL98xx slave development kit. If ordering EL9820 kit for class, order must be placed by April 14th (for spring date) and Oct 16th (for fall date). Registration deadline for customer who have already completed and confirmed prerequisites is April 28th (for spring date) and Nov 3th (for fall date).
Cost: $1200 per student seat, not including EL9820 evaluation kit.
Travel and lodging to be arranged by student. Lunch will be provided on both days.
Registration / Ordering Contact
Please send your request for quote for the seats in the class and EL9820 evaluation kit to
Michele Beers () at Beckhoff Automation, LLC directly.
Register soon as the number of seats is limited to 30.