The Q.bloxx XE is a new addition to the Q.series product family - the ideal EtherCAT DAQ solution for widely distributed installations that require higher performance and custom sensor terminations. The Q.bloxx XE DAQ system consists of a Bus Coupler, which can connect up to 10 Q.bloxx XE modules together in a DIN rail mount configuration. Customer specified termination is available to simplify sensor interfacing. All Q.bloxx XE modules are true EtherCAT slaves, each with their own controller and distributed clock (DC). They are easily configured via SDO commands, or via file transfers (FoE), allowing selection of predefined templates (e.g. 4-20mA, TCK, IEPE, full bridge, etc.) for quick and error-free set ups.
In order to use the maximum sampling rate of Q.bloxx XE modules (up to 100 kHz), XFC technology (eXtreme Fast Control Technology) is utilized. Using XFC, up to 100 values can be buffered and synchronized in the Q.bloxx XE, then transmitted all at once in a single EtherCAT datagram.
- Configuration via SDO (read/write), or via file transfer (FoE)
- CoE according to the Modular Device Profile (ETG.5001.1)
- Configurable PDO-mapping for optimized data throughput
- Distributed Clock for data synchronization (ETG.1020.0)
- XFC technology for oversampling (up to 100 kHz)
- TEDS functionality according to IEEE 1451.4
- Multiple sensor termination options possible
- Up to 1200 VDC 3-way galvanic isolation on every channel
Gantner Instruments GmbH