EtherCAT Seminar and Evaluation Kit Workshop
August 6th & 7th, 2019
Contents of the workshop (subject to change)
- EtherCAT Basics
- Slave Structure
- Physical Layer
- Device Model
- Data Link Layer
- Frame Structure
- Addressing, Commands
- Memory, SyncManager, FMMUs
- Application Layer
- State Machine
- Mailbox (Mailbox Protocols)
- Slave Information Interface (EEPROM)
- Device Profiles
- Distributed Clocks
- EtherCAT Slave Information File (Device Description)
- Tools (Configuration Tool, Monitor, ...)
- EtherCAT Master
- Standard & References
- Hardware Design
- EtherCAT Slave Controller (ESC)
- Process Data Interface (PDI)
- EtherCAT Master (TwinCAT incl. real-time driver for EtherCAT)
- EtherCAT Slave (Digital I/O device)
- Configuration and Testing with Slave Evaluation Kit
- EtherCAT Slave Stack Code (SSC)
- Protocol Handling
- Compilation and Debugging
- Network Monitoring
- Communication and Protocol Analysis
- Conformance Test Tool (CTT)
- Handling and Analysis
- EtherCAT Slave Information (ESI) file
The workshop is offered by Beckhoff Automation LLC.
Requires ETG membership and the Beckhoff EL98xx slave development kit. If ordering EL9820 kit for class, the order must be placed by July 5th***, 2019. Registration deadline for customers who have already completed and confirmed prerequisites is July 22nd, 2019.
***A Family License Agreement (FLA) with Beckhoff is needed to purchase development products like the EL9820. The agreement must be received by Beckhoff in paper form before the order can be fulfilled. If a FLA agreement Is not already in place when ordering you will receive the form from Beckhoff. Please allow 10 business days to process the FLA (including mailing to Beckhoff HQ in Verl Germany).
$1200 per student seat, not including EL9820 evaluation kit.
Travel and lodging
To be arranged by the student. Lunch will be provided on both days.
Please send your request for a quote for the seats in the class and EL9820 evaluation kit directly to:
Jenny Gerold (email@example.com)
Register soon as the number of seats is limited to 22.
Beckhoff Automation LLC
Philadelphia Technical Center
676 E. Swedesford Road, Suite 114
Wayne, PA 19087
Google Maps Link