netIC - DIL-32 Communication-IC with Modbus Host Interface
- Compact communication module for cost-efficient field devices
- Fieldbus and Real-Time Ethernet as Slave
- Modbus RTU protocol via SPI or UART to the host
- One hardware for all Real-Time Ethernet protocols
- Firmware update via integrated Webserver
- One design for all networks due to consistent interfaces
Simple field devices such as barcode readers, identification system, valve islands or I/O blocks will require a connection to Fieldbus or Real-Time Ethernet systems. Since these devices do not have a high data throughput, the netIC uses a serial connection such as UART and SPI as host interface.
The netIC is a complete ‘Single Chip Module’ in the compact dimensions of a Dual-In-Line (DIL) 32 pin plugin module. It is based on the network controller netX and contains all components of a Fieldbus or Real-Time Ethernet interface with integrated 2-port switch and hub. With the netX technology the whole spectrum of relevant Fieldbus and Real-Time Ethernet systems is covered by loadable Firmware with one netIC. The user data is transferred with simple read-write commands to the application via the above mentioned serial interfaces. As serial protocol the well known Modbus RTU protocol is used.
Alternatively conventional shifting registers can be controlled via a synchronous serial interface so no additional processor for a simple I/O-Device is required.
Hilscher Gesellschaft für Systemautomation mbH