RMP - PC Based, Soft Motion Controller & EtherCAT Master, C++/C#/VB .NET
RSI has been developing hardware and software based motion control solutions since 1998. The recent introduction of RMP EtherCAT continues this legacy, utilizing a 100% software based solution. By leveraging INtime embedded virtualization technology and the latest Windows based development tools, we can provide a cost-effective yet equally high-performing solution.Key Benefits
- No dedicated motion controller hardware.
- Open architecture supports all qualified EtherCAT nodes
- Leverages 9+ years of motion control development from another leading fieldbus motion controller
- Supports up to 64 coordinated axes, 16,000 digital, and 1,000 analog I/O points
- Included in a pre-installed package with our Standalone IPC’s, but also availble as a soft runtime license.
- Plug and Play Functionality
The RMP controller can run on any industrial PC, panel PC, desktop, or even a laptop. The INtime RTOS Kernel is installed alongside Windows and a portion of the CPU is dedicated to INtime. This configuration allows user’s application software and diagnostic tools to run in Windows while the RapidCode API Libraries bridge between windows applications and the RMP Motion Firmware.
RapidCode is an Application Programming Interface (API) that allows developers to quickly create machine control applications in C++, C#, or VB .NET. Broken down into simple classes — Controller, Axis and Multi Axis and IO.
Point to Point Motion, Streaming Point Motion, Path Motion, Gantry, Camming, Electronic Gearing, I/O Based Trigger Events, Record Real-Time Data, Dual Loop Feedback, Motion Analyser.
RSI ("Robotic Systems Integration, Inc")