UNIGATE EL - EtherCAT
The UNIGATE Gateways connect Ethernet participants to EtherCAT.
The series is based on the established protocol converter UNIGATE CL which was extended with the Ethernet functionality.
Fast Ethernet, RS232, RS485 and RS422 interfaces are on board as a standard feature.
The communication between the application side and the bus takes place either through the configuration with the software WINGATE and a selection of the commercially available protocol, such as Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU (master or slave), 3964 (R), RK512, DIN measuring bus, DIN 19244, or the device is controlled by a script.
This script is created with the free PC tool, 'Protocol Developer'. You decide wether you want to program the script yourself or hire Deutschmann Automation to do so.
A special feature of the UNIGATE EL series is brand labeling. With the customized design Deutschmann Automation not only gives you the opportunity to pre-configure the device and choose different housing colors, you can also apply your own logo.
With the UNIGATE EL modules fom Deutschmann you bring existing components into modern networks. As a device manufacturer you save the self-development of the respective fieldbus or Ethernet based interface. The consistency of the Deutschmann UNIGATE EL series allows once generated configurations and scripts to be used for other fieldbus and Ethernet based versions.
Quickinfo UNIGATE EL - EtherCAT:
- Fast Ethernet-, RS232, RS485- und RS422 interfaces on Board
- Same design on the application side in all bus versions
- SSI protocol is supported e.g. for encoder
- Built-in isolation on the bus side, optionally on the application side
- Configuration of the module via configuration tool WINGATE
- Free programming with Protocol Developer (Deutschmann script language)
- No adjustment of the device firmware needed
- Additional debug interface on board
- Modern, slim DIN rail module
- Wide voltage range from 10 to 33VDC
- When using the RS485 interface, multiple terminal devices can be used on a Protocol Converter (e.g. Modbus RTU)
Deutschmann Automation GmbH & Co. KG