EtherCAT Master Sample Code ET9200
The EtherCAT Master Sample Code (MSC) is a user mode application for Windows, that demonstrates implemention of an EtherCAT master.
The following features are implemented:
- boot-up and configuration: parsing an XML file generated by a configuration tool and configuring the network based on that information
- sending and receiving of raw Ethernet frames from a network adapter
- management of the EtherCAT slave states
- sending the EtherCAT init commands defined for the various state transitions to the slave devices
- mailbox communication
- CoE (CAN application layer over EtherCAT)
- EoE (Ethernet over EtherCAT)
- SoE (Servodrive profile over EtherCAT)
- FoE (File access over EtherCAT)
- AoE (ADS over EtherCAT)
- software-integrated virtual switch functionality (relaying of Ethernet over EtherCAT traffic received from EtherCAT network)
- cyclic process data communication
- DC (distributed clocks) handling
The EtherCAT Master Sample Code is a Beckhoff product intended for ETG members. The sample code can be used as basis for own EtherCAT master developments. There is no license required for developing or selling an EtherCAT master. The license agreement for the Master Sample Code governs the terms and conditions of its use.
The software is sent as source code and can be adapted to the hardware environment (Ethernet controller) and integrated in a real-time environment.
The sample code can be ordered directly at Beckhoff headquarters in Verl, Germany or at your local Beckhoff office. Please use the order code ET9200. Further information of the corresponding MSC workshop is available here.
Beckhoff Automation GmbH & Co. KG