EtherCAT ® Two/Four Axis Pulse Direction Drive Interface Module with Feedback
- Step motor control with position feedback verification
- Position feedback: Up to four incremental digital or absolute (EnDat 2.1(Digital)/2.2, Smart-Abs, Panasonic, BiSS, SSI)
- Drive interface:
- Speed up to 4M pulses per second
- Programmable pulse width from 80nS to 80μS
- Digital I/O:
- Four general purpose inputs
- Four Registration MARK (High Speed Position Capture)
- Four motor brake outputs, 24V, 0.2A
- One PEG (Position Event Generator)
- All specific I/Os can be used as general purpose I/Os
- Small enclosure: 121x100x48 mm3
The PDICL (Pulse-direction Drive Interface) provides the ability to connect step motor drives and servo motor drives with Pulse-Direction interface to EtherCAT networks that are controlled by ACS' motion controller and EtherCAT master. The PDICL includes incremental and optionally absolute digital encoder interfaces for position verification and closed loop operation.
It can be used also as a general purpose EtherCAT incremental and absolute encoder interface. The product is offered in two versions: 2-axis and 4-axis.
The PDICL is an effective solution to OEMs of multi-axis machinery that use an ACS EtherCAT master and need to control additional axes using drives with Pulse-Direction interface.
A comprehensive set of software support tools, the MMI Application Studio is provided for setup, programming and diagnostics.
ACS Motion Control Ltd.