UNIGATE MB - EtherCAT
The Deutschmann protocol converter UNIGATE MB connects your device to EtherCAT via a serial interface. RS232, RS485 and RS422 interfaces are on board as a standard feature of the UNIGATE.
The communication between the chosen bus system and the serial side can be carried out via Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII as well as other common bus systems such as 3964(R).
The flexibility, the high industrial standards and the certifications of the UNIGATE allow the device to be used in many different type of industrial applications. E.g., factory automation, building and HVAC, and waste water management.
Typical serial applications that can be used with the UNIGATE include, among others, variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces, barcode readers, RFID readers and industrial scales.
Features and benefits:
- The UNIGATE acts as either master or slave on the serial network when the Modbus RTU / ASCII protocol is converted
- Easy Modbus configuration with WINGATE.
- The UNIGATE MB allows any automation device with a serial RS232/422/485 Modbus RTU master or slave to participate on a network.
- No hardware or software adjustments for your device needed.
- No PLC function blocks are needed as the protocol conversions is performed via the UNIGATE.
- Once a configuration is completed it can be re-used for other installations.
- Versions with dual port Ethernet switches allow for daisy chaining. No need for external switches.
Deutschmann Automation GmbH & Co. KG