EtherCAT Gateway WI180C-EC
The WI180C fieldbus Gateways from SICK are extremely versatile. They enable a consistent and fast communication from sensor device level to the PLC level. The Gateways act as a fieldbus participant within the EtherCAT network.
At a glance:
- EtherCAT Gateway for fiber-optic sensors (WLL180, KTL180) and displacement measurement sensors (OL1, OD Mini Pro, OD5000 in combination with evaluation unit AOD1)
- Full read and write functionality for all process data and service data of the connected sensors
- Up to 16 sensors can be connected to the Gateway via the integrated internal bus-system. The collected sensor data is then transferred from the Gateway to the EtherCAT network via M12 connector.
- Quick and efficient remote parametrization and teach-in via EtherCAT Connection
- Extended machine functionality: Permanent transfer of process data enables monitoring the machine status and diagnosis functions
- Reduced wiring effort: Transfer of sensor data via one fieldbus wire
- Integrated fieldbus solutions help to significantly reduce investment costs, cost of operation and cost of maintenance and to improve plant availability and productivity